THE STRATOSNAPPER 1, IS NOW REPLACED BY THE STRATOSNAPPER 2. THESE PAGES ARE FOR REFERENCE ONLY.
Ever wondered how everything looked from above? The StratoSnapper will let you take control of your on-board camera. It’s highly configurable via software,
it takes a standard servo input and triggers your camera via the infrared receiver.
It comes with a software utility that will allow you to customize everything from video recording, still photo triggering, time-lapse photography, zoom and more. Basically, if your camera supports a command via infrared remote control, so does the StratoSnapper.
Check out this video of the StratoSnapper in action:
(Decent video setup is definitely on the wish-list here at LittleSmartThings..)
It supports two servo inputs. You could for example have video on/off on one switch, and still-photo trigger on the other. The StratoSnapper also supports traditional wire-trigger, but you have to hack the cable your self. There is a bare-end cable supplied that will plug in to the StratoSnapper, but there is a true jungle of proprietary connectors out there. So for now – this is just a bonus – feel free to play with it. The wire port is completely electrically isolated from the StratoSnapper, so no harm will come to either your camera or the StratoSnapper.
It comes with two servo cables, IR transmitter, and a bare end cable for wire-triggering. We will also throw in some Dual Lock fasteners for easy mounting. No, the euro is not included…
- Dual servo input
- IR transmitter that works with hundreds of cameras
- Light weight (< 6g)
- Measures 26 x 34 mm
- Low power consumption
- Configurable interval/time-lapse ability
- USB interface for easy configuration via PC/Mac utility
- Takes standard 5v servo power. Don’t push it beyond 6v.
- Ultra bright IR transmitter for reliable operation in all lighting conditions
- Status LED will indicate triggering with a short flash.
- “Do it your self” – option for traditional wire-trigger.
- 100% lead-free. RoHS compliant.
- StratoSnapper main board
- Two servo cables (32 cm)
- IR transmitter cable (20 cm)
- Bare-end wire-trigger cable (20 cm) for DIY.
- Dual Lock re-closeable fasteners for easy mounting
The USB connection is a standard USB-mini. Not included.
For all the “do-it-your-self” people:
We are aware that taking things apart is both fun and useful. We appreciate and welcome that. It’s great to see new uses that we didn’t think of. So, we will make it easy!
During the spring 2012 we will release an Arduino software kit, that will allow you to play with the electronics (and restore it). The on-board micro-controller is arduino compatible and we did manage to squeeze in the arduino bootloader. However we need to finish up on the work on how to easily restore it to it’s original firmware. To be updated..