The StratoSnapper now supports:
- Canon Legria and Vixia video cams. Video on/off, Tele, Wide and Photo.
- Pentax Optio zoom is now supported.
- Sony FS-700 and other Sony cams using the RMT-845 remote
The limitation on 10 sec. timelapse sequences has been removed. To get all this, please update the StratoSnapper firmware to 1.3 and download the StratoSnapper utility v. 0.28. See the software section for details.
We actually fly a lot. And we think it’s important to have experience with the drones we are developing electronics for. Once in a while we put up a little video with a few shots we have done for the television networks or commercials, just to show off Usually it’s just friends and family watching, but that changed to day. We got over
100k 220k hits waoa!!
Heli showreel late summer 2012 from Esben Nielsen on Vimeo.
We have had quite a few inquiries about sales of these heli’s, but at the moment we don’t offer complete solutions. LittleSmartThings is very much a garage start-up that is, for the time being, currently developing camera remote solutions. Please visit one of our great distributors if you want to look into a complete heli system.
The TinySnappers purpose in life is to be able to trigger a camera on board a RC helicopter or plane. Second: It’s to be as tiny as possible – and we just did something about that. Still at a price of only 21€.
At a total length of 30mm it’s a very lightweight and affordable solution for remote controlling your camera. The operation is simple, when you feed it a servo signal at a little above neutral, it fires a trigger command to your favorite camera. It’s all done via infrared remote control, so you don’t need to wire up your camera.
Just as the first TinySnapper supports: Canon, Sony, Nikon and Pentax cameras for still photography.
The new TinySnapper also got an upgrade on signal filtering, and has a very robust design. The specifications on the new TinySnapper are:
- Accepts all major servo RX/TX systems.
- Works with either: Canon, Sony, Nikon and Pentax cameras.
- Very bright IR LED with a wide beam angle >170 degrees.
- Takes standard 5v servo power. Will safely accept 3v – 6v.
- Standard servo plug (2.54 mm), so you can make you own modifications.
- Environmentally sealed for optimal protection.
- Includes servo cable and re-closeable Dual Lock fasteners.
- 100% lead free and RoHS compliant.
And what happened to the flexible neck from the first TinySnapper you may ask? Well this design got so small that it didn’t make sense. The rationale for the flexible neck on the first, was that it could reach anywhere. Now it does that anyway, and the neck is just heavy and in the way.
The new TinySnapper will replace the the original from this day on. If you for some reason want the old one, please get in touch.
Buy it for 21€